Saturday, April 9, 2011

Where For Art Thou Spring?

I wanted to post this yesterday, but we had a power outage half the day. And by the time the power came on and I did the dishes, played house, cleaned a bathroom, had a playdate, did the laundry, cooked dinner, gave my little man his first hair cut, and got all the kids to bed..... Well let's just say I was wiped. So lucky you to get to see me on a weekend!
After enjoying several days of nice spring weather, yesterday morning looked like this:
And today looks like that too. What happened to my spring? I want the warm weather back. But one cozy thing about the snow yesterday, I got to wake up to this:
My husband had a nice warm fire going in our new fire place. When we built our house we had the rock for the fire place put in, but not the stove. We weren't sure if we wanted to get a new stove or a used one. New ones are pretty pricey so we wanted to just have the house stove ready and we could put our own stove in once we got one.
We are so glad we did it that way because we ended getting a stove for FREE!!! The glass needed to be replaced in it and it was pretty rusty. But my amazing hubby sand blasted the whole thing and repainted it. And now I have a wonderful wood stove that keeps our house toasty warm! Thanks hun!!!!

1 comment:

Val said...

The stove looks really nice Jess.