Monday, January 3, 2011

Recovering From The Holidays

I hope everyone had a good holiday. I love Christmas but we have been going non stop. I feel like I need a vacation from vacation. Does anyone else feel like that? So as I am still trying to recover from the holidays, I do not have a new recipe this week. Sorry.

But I will share with you some treats we made. My oldest daughter was born on Christmas Eve so she took birthday treats to school today. And here's what we made:

I saw these melted snowman cookies over at Crazy Domestic (click here to see them). They are so fun that we decided it would be a great treat for her to take to school. I used melted chocolate chips for the arms, buttons, and face and I must say that it was a little hard to handle. Next time I think I'll use chocolate frosting.

I used the same sour cream sugar cookie recipe from my Halloween treat post (click here). To get the frosting smooth I made some thick frosting and put it into a piping bag with a small round tip. Then I outlined on the cookie where I wanted to have the snowman "melt". Then I made the rest of the frosting runny. Using a spoon I spread the thin frosting around the cookie inside the outline. Because it's runny it all the bumps spread themselves out and you get a nice smooth, glossy look.

My kids love them and I think I'll have to make more for them soon.
Photobucket

No comments: